Saturday, August 05, 2006

Inwood, Broadway between Academy and 204th Street


Mary Sargent © 2006

Now heading home, around and up Broadway. This car was parked right off the sidewalk. Love this photograph; the car seems so dear, somehow.

Yesterday I came upon New York City Walk by accident, and was just knocked out. I know that other people have had this project and, yes, completed it, but seeing a photograph of his map, that looked like my photograph of my map, except that EVERY street was marked off in black, was a real thrill.

This guy did it in two years. I’d like to say he’s a real inspiration, but, no, I tend to take short ambling walks, which don’t add up fast, and I’ll probably die with the project incomplete. I imagine being on my death bed, saying, not just yet, please, I have a few more blocks to walk.

1 comment:

Mostly Harmless said...

I can think of no better way to keep the grim reaper away...for another day at least.