Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Hell's Kitchen, 59th Street Between Twelfth and Eleventh Avenues


Mary Sargent © 2006 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . click to enlarge

Two things going on for me in this photo. First, I just love how it looks. Second, what the heck is this? What was it made for? After all, there was some attention to detail; it wasn't just slapped together. What happened to it? More and more, I find myself standing there with my mouth agape, figuratively, I hope.

This is my last post until Sunday night. Off to Michigan.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I would guess that this building has had a lot of history. It looks like it sank or the sidewalk got higher.

Anonymous said...

where is that tree coming from? It looks like it's growing from the pipe. I guess it's a branch from the left side. I'd love to see this photo with another couple of feet in each direction!
s