Thursday, November 16, 2006

Theater District, Eighth Avenue Between 46th and 45th Streets


Mary Sargent © 2006 ……………………….........…….. click to enlarge

Same walk of November 4; I've just crossed into another neighborhood, turning onto Eighth Avenue and walking downtown to 42nd Street to get the subway home.

There're two ways these old buildings, only 4 stories high, still stand. One way is when it's squeezed between tall, tall newer buildings and the other is this way, standing all by itself, isolated. Well, there are more than two ways, but these two ways seem especially poignant to me. I hope I'm not identifying with old buildings.

See map.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love, Love this photo. something about this photo puts me in a happy mood. maybe its the colors on the building. i don't know, but its a great shot.

Anonymous said...

The buildings seem unreal, so pretty and cute and toylike. They make me happy.