Thursday, December 28, 2006

Nolita, Jersey Street Between Mulberry and Lafayette Streets


Mary Sargent © 2006 …………………………………….. click to enlarge

At this point, I'm walking to pick up streets, although Jersey Street is pretty much an alley. There's another leg of it that runs between Lafayette and Crosby Streets and I remember walking it in the 80's and being a little apprehensive (I've been doing this map thing for a long time, but I've discarded maps as they fell apart and faded). And it was in the day time that I was uneasy. In my memory, the street wasn't even paved, which is probably not true, and there were human feces lying about, which is true.

Now it's dark and there's nothing to worry about; everything's neat and clean and neat and clean people are walking about.

See map.

No comments: