Monday, February 26, 2007

Hamilton Heights, 145th Street Between Riverside Drive and Broadway


Mary Sargent © 2007 …………………………………….. click to enlarge

When I got off the subway at 145th Street, I first walked west one block to Riverside Drive where we saw the bridge. Now this is on my way back to Broadway. For a long shot of the street go here. You will see a faint red rectangle at the far right, which is the back of McDonald's on Broadway.

Above is a close up of some of those row houses. I love the white one with its columns and second story verandah. Next door, two small stone lions, somewhat eroded by the urban elements, look haughtily down at the street. I'm not imagining this, I walked right by them on my way down.

See map.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is very sriking. I love it.