Saturday, May 12, 2007

Chinatown, Lafayette Street at Canal


Mary Sargent © 2007 …………………………………….. click to enlarge

Last Wednesday, my day off, I first went downtown to see my doctor about my continuing sciatica. For those of you unfamililar with this ailment, it involves the sciatic nerve which runs down your back, butt and leg, all the way down. And when you have sciatica, you can have pain anywhere or everywhere that nerve runs. Luckily, at this point, mine is only affecting my calf and foot and my walking, which is sometimes a limp, sometimes a hobble, and never fast. Not a good condition for someone trying to walk all the streets in Manhattan. But it WILL go away at some point and I will be a very happy girl.

After the doctor visit, I took the subway to Canal Street so I could visit the Chinese grocery store, Kam Man, on Canal Street at Mulberry. Took the long way around, walked down Centre Street, across Worth, back up Baxter to Canal and finally to Mulberry. It was a nice day, high 60's and sunny. Here's the beginning.

See map.

No comments: