Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Washington Heights, 179th Street Between Cabrini Boulevard and Pinehurst Avenue


Mary Sargent © 2007 …………………………………….. click to enlarge

At 179th Street, Cabrini abruptly ends as it runs into the entrance (or exit) to the George Washington Bridge. In the first block of 179th Street, I saw these boys though the lattice work of a metal gate. I took a shot and then they noticed me and ran over and opened the gate for me. I came in and stood on a side platform to shoot some more photographs of them and then I thanked them and left and shut the gate which locked behind me. If you'd like to see them in the initial shots as they ran to let me in, click here. I don't know why they did it unless they were just being polite. Aren't they beautiful?

See map.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I feel a bit lame, repeating self: "I really like this one," "I really like this one," but I'll still say, "I really like this one."