Sunday, July 29, 2007

Inwood, 207th Street Between Tenth and Post Avenues


Mary Sargent © 2007 …………………………………….. click to enlarge

Didn't want to go on a photowalk today, didn't want to go, but I did. I needed some new shots, starting tonight, so I had to go. If you're here in New York, you know how unappealing that was. Hot, very muggy, rain threatening. I just wanted to drink iced coffee in the air conditioning and watch pundits on TV. But out I trudged, picking a street close to home, Nagle Avenue, which turned out to be most uninspiring. Or was it the poor light? Or was it me?

However, all complaining aside, I have a few nice photos for you. Here's the first one, taken from the subway platform (elevated) when I arrived at 207th Street.

See map

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

On second look, I do prefer THIS, hodgepodge one! Like that pink, sexual, Guston-y graffito in the upper middle. And how the photo encapsulates the essence of a certain kind of New York building, street. Well, maybe "encapsulates" isn't the word I seek, but it'll have to do. I have to leave the computer in a minute.