Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Washington Heights, St. Nicholas Avenue Between 170th and 171st Streets


Mary Sargent © 2007 …………………………………….. click to enlarge

Now I've turned up St. Nicholas Avenue; you can see the back of McDonald's at far left. You may have noticed that so far the streets have very few people on them. It's about 11 a.m., I think. This will change, but I don't know if it's because of the later time or the changed location.

Notice the Rite-Aid at the right. I'm showing you a closeup below because this is a kind of street art I haven't seen before. The background is made up of brushy strokes in orange and yellow and then the wall is covered with Spanish written in white, even, neat lines. If you enlarge the photo and you know Spanish, you can read it. If you can, please tell me what it says.



Mary Sargent © 2007 …………………………………….. click to enlarge

See map.

No comments: