Thursday, September 13, 2007

Midtown, Seventh Avenue between 55th and 54th Streets


Mary Sargent © 2007 …………………………………….. click to enlarge

Midtown, Seventh Avenue at 55th Street

The famous (or infamous) Carnegie Deli, across the street on Seventh Avenue.

Long ago when I was a vistor here, seeking a job at the College Art Association convention at the Hilton close by, I ate at the Stage Deli just a block down the street here, not knowing it was but a pale imitation of the Carnegie. Now, of course, I know Katz's is the real deal.

And I didn't get a job. That's why I live here and not in South Dakota. It's true! I was a finalist for a teaching job in South Dakota.

See map.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just think: If you had gotten that job you would have finished photographing the whole state by now.

But I bet you were disappointed when you didn't get it.

Anonymous said...

Funny, HBS! We are all extremely happy about the poor judgment of those who interviewed you, Ms. Sargent.