Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Washington Heights, 178th Street at Fort Washington Avenue


Mary Sargent © 2007 …………………………………….. click to enlarge

And now, through the miracle of the subway, on the very same photowalk, I am in a completely different part of Manhattan. It's still last Friday and still fairly early in the day and I planned to pick up cat food on my way home from the therapist. As regular readers know, cat food means Washington Heights.

I took the C train to the A train to 177th Street and walked up Ft. Washington Avenue to 181st Street. This enabled me to pick up the last two blocks of Ft. Washington Avenue. Ft. Washington Avenue is Done!, halleluiah. As you may know, it edges out West End Avenue as being the dullest street in Manhattan.

This, of course, is the George Washington Bridge.

See map.

No comments: