Saturday, November 17, 2007

Upper West Side, 87th Street at Broadway


Mary Sargent © 2007 …………………………………….. click to enlarge

Yesterday morning, after therapy, I walked two blocks on West 87th between Broadway and Riverside Drive. At Riverside the wind was so fierce, I abandoned my plan to walk south a block. I just turned around and came back. The hardships I endure for this blog. Wind! Bright sunlight!

I'm pretty sure this empty store was a good Vietnamese restaurant (before it was a Malaysian restaurant), but I can't look it up because I can't think of its name. If you remember, let me know. I miss their curried okra.

See map.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, here's the history:

Malaysia Grill (moved to 224 W 104th St.)

Saigon Grill (moved to Amsterdam and 90th St)

West Side Diner

? Cousins

8 Brothers

4 Brothers

Anonymous said...

Much more than I asked. What a memory! Thank you.