Thursday, January 17, 2008

Financial District, Broad Street at Wall Street


Mary Sargent © 2008 ……….. click to enlarge

I had originally planned to come back to Wall Street and turn south on New Street, go around and back up William to the subway stop, but at New Street, I was stopped by a friendly but adamant guard. I told him I had a project to complete, but he wasn't impressed. You can walk around it, he said. Apparently we need to prevent evildoers from carrying bombs in there, but I couldn't find out what made New Street so special.

Don't worry, they haven't heard the last of this.

But for now, I just went back the way I came and since it was starting to get dark, this shot I took of the New York Stock Exchange was more dramatic than the ones I took earlier. I don't know about this flag. How long it's been here, whether it was put here after 9/11. I do know that this lighted version is relatively new because I saw a photo dated July 2007 which had a cloth flag stretched over all the columns.

And now we're at the end of this long string of vertical photos. Tomorrow begins a new walk with horizontal colorful photographs.


See map.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

posting the link you are adding to the gloom:) hope they will cut the interest rates today:)

The Addict