Sunday, March 30, 2008

Downtown, Varick Street between Broome and Watts Streets


Mary Sargent © 2008 …………………………………….. click to enlarge

A block in transition. I love photographing these places, but there's a pang involved, because once I photograph them, I feel a connection. And I know tbe block will be leveled and a new cost-cutting (probably), bland, maybe ugly structure will go up. And I'll think about all we've lost and that will relate to all I'VE lost and before you know it, I'll be playing country music and drinking beer out of a bottle.

See map.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nothing wrong with beer out of a bottle - but please, please, please, no country music.

Anonymous said...

I'll join you singing the blues - well, only for a while, until we find something wonderful or at least pretty good, to ooh and ahh about.