Monday, March 03, 2008

Upper East Side, 86th Street at Lexington Avenue


Mary Sargent © 2008 …………………………………….. click to enlarge

Today I went downtown to the old office to meet my buddy, Yvette, for lunch. She's still there toiling away, and every now and then, she needs to go out and have a good long lunch, complete with drinks. We went to Novita, seen here in October 2006. I hesitate to say the food wasn't very good because, after all Zagat's has raised its rating from 23 to 24 and Time Out says it's Italian food for grownups. But dammit, don't grownups disdain undersized wine glasses? Isn't that an automatic demerit? However, drawing on our inner resources, we managed to have a good time, in spite of the disappointing food (grilled salmon, pasta with lobster ragu) and small wine glasses.

Afterwards, I took the 6 train up to 86th Street, walked over to Park, then up to 96th Street. I chose this destination so I could tidy up my map, tie up some loose ends, NOT because Park Avenue is an exciting street to walk on.

But first, look here – it's the Lucida, which we saw last October.

See map.

No comments: