Monday, March 10, 2008

Upper West Side, 108th Street at Broadway


Mary Sargent © 2008 …………………………………….. click to enlarge

Looks like a good place for a restaurant, right there on the corner, right? But restaurants have come and gone with great frequency over the last 25 years. Meanwhile the Indian Café down the block endures. It was there that I first had that green sauce with the intoxicating flavor – I didn't know it was cilantro back then. I'd never heard of cilantro. Oh, how our lives have been enriched.

See map.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The first time I had cilantro I thought it tasted like soap. I don't know if it's intoxicating exactly - but a distinct flavor that retains a freshness as it mingles nicely with hot spices.

Now the green accents in the photo could be visual cilantro?