Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Greenwich Village, 3rd Street Between Thompson and Sullivan Streets


Mary Sargent © 2008 …………………………………….. click to enlarge

I tried to get this shot earlier, when I was walking the other way and just as I was about to press the button, a big truck pulled in. Trucks!

This is Il Mulino, looking like the old-time Village restaurant that it is. Oops, I just checked the web and it seems they opened in 1981. That doesn't quite qualify as old-time to me, although in restaurant time, it certainly is. They held the No. 1 Italian spot in Zagat's for years, but recently Babbo, that 10 year old upstart, has edged them out. I haven't eaten at Babbo, but I did have a wonderful meal at Il Mulino, luckily paid for by another (thanks, Mike!). It's dark and crowded, like an old-time Village restaurant and the food was wonderful and bounteous to a fault. One of my regrets in life is that I can't eat a lot. I need to be a much bigger person.

See map.

No comments: