Thursday, May 08, 2008

Times Square, 43rd Street Between Eighth and Ninth Avenues

Over two weeks ago, on April 23, Wednesday, after Cathy took me out for a birthday lunch, I took the subway to 42nd Street and walked up Ninth Avenue to 50th Street. I wanted to pick up a book I had left at Chez Napoleon on Saturday night. The book? A History of Venice. You can understand why I needed it. I was going to Venice.

Here are two photographs from 43rd Street.


Mary Sargent © 2008.......................................... click to enlarge

I was intent on the twin narrow buildings still standing in the midst of this parking lot wasteland and didn't notice the odd appearance of the baby car in the midground until I got home and saw it on the computer monitor.



Mary Sargent © 2008.......................................... click to enlarge

Note the hands of the children reaching out through their cage – I mean playground fence – waiting for their ices. The sign on the cart says Dominican Ice's, mango, cherry, tamarindo, coco, rainbow.

See map.

No comments: