Sunday, May 04, 2008

Venice, Italy

Apologies for digressing from the subject matter of this blog, but I can't stop myself from showing several photographs from Venice, where I just was.

As cities go, Venice is the opposite of New York. But not in a bad way.

It was beautiful, but so beautiful, in such a consistent harmonious way, that on the second day, I got irritable and felt like saying, "oh, get over yourself." Luckily, that was a passing fit.



Mary Sargent © 2008 …………………………………….. click to enlarge

This is my campo (piazza), Campo San Polo, one of the largest.

I stayed in a hotel just off the campo, on Calle Pezzuna, a short street which ended in a canal.



Mary Sargent © 2008 .........click to enlarge

Calle Pezzuna.


Mary Sargent © 2008 click to enlarge


Canal at the end of Calle Pezzuna.

I'll be over this by tomorrow night.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Welocome back! How did you possibly find a piazza compleely void of pigeons?