Sunday, June 15, 2008

Upper East Side, 67th Street Between Madison and Fifth Avenues


Mary Sargent © 2008 …………………………………….. click to enlarge

This convoluted little walk is almost over; I'm just trying to find the bus back to the West Side. Since 66th Street is one-way going west, you might think that would be the street to catch the 66th street crosstown bus on. But no. So I walked up to 68th Street, the next street going in the right direction, no luck there, either. I finally found a friendly doorman who told me to catch it on Fifth Avenue. That's where I'm headed now.

Doesn't that Danger sign tempt you? I want to see the open pit. And who had the nerve to paint that brick blue in the east 60's, just off Fifth? When they find the guy, that's what that open pit is for.

See map.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are SO funny! What I really like is the way the ldiagonal shadow is almost parallel to the diagonal metal bar. Neat!

Anonymous said...

And they call me a good typist.

Anonymous said...

By the way, you could have caught the westbound bus on 67th Street (68th Street, eastbound; 67th Street, west).

Anonymous said...

Really funny!

Anonymous said...

But, hey, that blue brick makes the photograph. Don't ya think.