Sunday, July 13, 2008

Midtown, Seventh Avenue between 34th and 33rd Streets


Mary Sargent © 2008 …………………………………….. click to enlarge

Okay, the quest. Guys and sensible women may want to skip this part. The rest of us can bond in frustration and despair. See, last summer I saw this lovely skirt of unusual colors; a purplish color and sort of puce and maybe mauve wheatish and ivory- grayish something. A skirt that neither white nor black looked exactly right with. In other words, I was going to have a hellova time finding something that looked good with it. So I bought it. This summer, and I'm still looking. Then one day, at the Gap, I picked up a redish purple tank top on sale even though it was a size too big and discovered it was an exact, I mean exact, match. As if made for. If only it fit.

So the quest was to find the right color in the right size. I went online to Gap store locater. I made a list in descending order matching convenience with photowalk potential. If necessary, I was going to go to every store in the city. The store on 34th street was number one.

And now I must go on my walk. I'll tell you what happened at the end of it.

See map.

No comments: