Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Central Park, Conservatory Garden, Fifth Avenue at 105th Street


Mary Sargent © 2008 …………………………………….. click to enlarge

Oh, dear, debate night again and now it's late and I'm too tired to write this up. You might say, well, why didn't you do this earlier, before the debate? The answer is I had to watch the pre-debate talk about what the candidates had to do. And then, of course, post-debate, I had to watch the talk about whether they did it. I'm beginning to understand sports fans.

Anyway, I'll tell you this much: This is the South Garden and here's a link that will explain the different styles of the three sections and what this lily pond is about and all the plants that are there in the spring. They don't seem to have a fall newsletter.



Mary Sargent © 2008 …………………………………….. click to enlarge

Notice how delightfully casual yet impressively controlled these plantings are.



Mary Sargent © 2008 …………………………………….. click to enlarge

Oh, but I have to tell you about this one; otherwise you won't know why it's here. There's a hummingbird just off center. See the little blurry thing? Oddly enough, in this photo, you don't get the sense of just how small they are. If only my foot were in there for comparison. When I first saw it, I thought, wow, that's a really big insect, but then I saw it was a really small bird. It always feels magical to see a hummingbird.

I know these sentences are not flowing in my usual polished style but they will have to do for now. Maybe I'll edit tomorrow. Maybe not. Because tomorrow I need to go on a new photowalk.

Goodnight all. I hope the debate was good for you.

See map.

No comments: