Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Chelsea, Seventh Avenue at 28th Street


Mary Sargent © 2008 …………………………………….. click to enlarge

Last Friday, I had a date to meet Claire for lunch at my new favorite restaurant, Ilili. More about that later. Since I had time between getting out of therapy at noon and lunch at 1:30, I took a photowalk on the way. No 1 train to 28th Street, walked Seventh Avenue to 24th Street and over to Fifth. It was a bright, sunny day, chilly when the wind was blowing, warm when it wasn't. You'll see people in a variety of jackets, coats, shirtsleeves and bare arms.

No less an authority than Cynthia Heimel once wrote that wearing high heels, in spite of what you might say about why you shouldn't wear them, are excellent for getting cabs. If I remember correctly, she said she was tall to begin with and when she was wearing high heels, she made a commanding figure and taxis would come from two blocks away, screeching to a halt in front of her. I'm not sure this lady is tall enough to have that effect, but she did, indeed, get this taxi. But it might have been because her bag matched the color of the cab.



Mary Sargent © 2008 …………………………………….. click to enlarge

Farther down the block (toward 27th Street) this man is saying, hey! what about me?

See map.

No comments: