Sunday, December 14, 2008

Greenwich Village, 3rd Street Between Sixth Avenue and McDougal Street

Let me explain. See, it's my computer. I finally called in a computer expert who worked and worked on it and then said those dreaded words: we need to clean it off and reload everything. BTW, this computer is not all that old: 2½ years. After he left, I spent a mighty long time copying files back, readjusting things, trying to get things back the way I wanted them, you know that drill. As a result of all this toil, there are many things that are better about this good as new computer, but one thing that isn't is that I can't upload photographs. It won't read my card reader and it won't read my camera. And yes, I reinstalled my camera driver.

And so that is why you are getting a two year old photograph instead of one from the photowalk I didn't take today because of staying home working on my computer.



Mary Sargent © 2008 …………………………………….. click to enlarge

This is from a walk I took on December 2, 2006 on my way to a pottery show on Houston. Here is a sad story common in the restaurant business. We see the Grand Opening of Roll and Dough also known as Unique Pastries (based in Flushing, Queens) and the high ambitions of spreading bing across the land. Read about it in the New York Times. If you haven't the energy to read anything else (isn't this LONG ENOUGH already?), just know that they're little cheap, apparently tasty, Asian stuffed bready things. I can't be more specific because I don't have the energy either.

Anyway food bloggers seemed to like the place, but now it's Closed. And I missed it.

See map.

No comments: