Thursday, January 01, 2009

Chelsea, 23rd Street at Eighth Avenue


Mary Sargent © 2008 …………………………………….. click to enlarge

Not too many of you were out today, were you? I know because I had a wonderfully pleasant ride down the West Side Highway in the bright afternoon sun. No traffic. The driver and I were in a good mood about that. Why I was taking a car service instead of the much more economical subway is because I was once again late. Since I lost my job, my habits have deteriorated to about adolescent level. Stay up late, sleep late, be late. Spend money foolishly. But in this case, it was all for you, dear readers. Yes, I needed to be there a little early so I could get in a photowalk, as resolved only last night.

It was nice to be out while the sun was still shining. This is the corner of 23rd and Eighth where the driver let me out. It looks like a small time city except for the Empire State Building in the distance. I walked across 23rd to Ninth Avenue and then quickly came back as it was damn cold.

OH. Yes, what I was late for was to meet Myra to see Doubt at the Chelsea Cinema on 23rd and Eighth Avenue. Good movie. Meryl Streep was phenomenal, worth seeing the movie just to watch her act. And Hoffman was great, as usual, but he didn't have as much acting to do. And the cinematography was great.

See map.

No comments: