Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Murray Hill, 28th Street Between Park Avenue South and Lexington Avenue


Mary Sargent © 2009 …………………………………….. click to enlarge

So, as I was saying, last night I went to a dinner meeting – it was the meetup of Dinner and Philosophy Now in NYC. I had been looking at groups on meetup.com and decided to check this one out. I love to argue, I mean, examine ideas, and it seemed that this might provide an opportunity to do that. None of my friends share this love so I'm frequently frustrated. They just say, okay, okay! Now can we talk about something else!

For anyone unfamiliar with meetup.com, it's a site that organizes all kinds of interest groups, book clubs, sports, knitting, drinking, anything you can think of. You find something you're interested in, go to the meetings and meet other people interested in the same thing.

This was my first time trying it and I was pleased.

So I was headed to the restaurant Dolcino on Second Avenue. I had already walked this part of 28th Street, but I didn't have a photograph from this block; also, I thought it would be fun to photograph the same sites as I did two years ago, but this time it would be at night. I'll give you links to the old ones when I post them.


See map.

No comments: