Wednesday, June 24, 2009

West Village, 13th Street Between Gansevoort and Hudson Streets


Mary Sargent © 2009 ………. click to enlarge

The building on the left is the Notre Dame School, a Catholic high school for girls, although they only recently located here. This was originally a New York City School (I think), built in 1916 in the uplifting style of the time.

I had another, wider shot of the school, but I wanted to show you this sliver with the building next to it, The Gansevoort, to see if you agree with me that this new architecture is very compatible with the old. If you follow the link, you'll see a rendering of the building nestled between the two older ones. You can also learn that the penthouse is still available for $5,250,000.

See map.

1 comment:

flyinglady said...

I agree and I'm getting out my checkbook.

Want back into my old neighborhood. Sigh ...