Wednesday, July 15, 2009

West Village, Varick Street Between Houston and Downing Streets


Mary Sargent © 2009 …………………………………….. click to enlarge

Yesterday I went downtown to meet Myra to play ping pong. She's been playing at the Fat Cat and talking it up so I took her up on it. On the way I picked up a few shots. I got off the subway at Houston and walked up Seventh Avenue South. Or so I thought.

I just now discovered that this is Varick Street and not Seventh Avenue South. Seventh Avenue South starts one block north of Houston at Clarkson Street, a little bitty 4-block long street, or, if you prefer, Carmine Street (on the other side), a two block long street. Not Houston Street, which goes all the way across Manhattan. It's not right.

See map.

2 comments:

Barbara said...

So how was the ping pong?

Mary Sargent said...

I was saving that for the end. (fun!)