Monday, August 10, 2009

Hudson Heights, 183rd Street Between Magaw Place and Ft. Washington Avenue


Mary Sargent © 2009 ……click to enlarge


This is the doorway to the District Office of my New York City Councilman, Robert Jackson. Not very grand, is it? Or inviting. Well, it was Saturday and they're closed on the weekend.

As his City Council page states, he "represents parts of Morningside Heights, Hamilton Heights, West Harlem, Washington Heights and Inwood." The key words there are "parts of". At first I thought he had the longest district in Manhattan, but it's possible District 4 is longer. You should see this map! And in fact you can.

As far as Robert Jackson himself, I regret to say I don't follow him as closely as I should. I do know that his office is the place to call when the city plays dumb on replacing the lights on the city stairs. They are better at explaining the situation than I am.


See map.

No comments: