Friday, September 11, 2009

Upper East Side, Lexington Avenue between 71st and 70th Streets


Mary Sargent © 2009 …………......………..............click to enlarge

Having dawdled enough, I went back to Bella Blu, and found that, although they weren't as crowded as before, there still was no seating outside. Well, inside wasn't bad.





Mary Sargent © 2009 …………......................…….. click to enlarge

Inside it looked kind of grottoesque, but anytime I can have a glass of wine at a table with a white table cloth and it's not even dinner; it's lunch, I can tolerate a little decorative excess. I had bread salad with tomatoes and cucumbers, very simple, very delicious. Berries for dessert. I'd go back.





Mary Sargent © 2009 ………......……...........…….. click to enlarge

Here it is after I left. Any table you want.  My camera tells me it was 3:02. And since they serve lunch until 3:30, that allows plenty of time.




See map.

No comments: