Sunday, October 18, 2009

Chinatown, Mulberry Street between Mosco and Bayard Streets


Mary Sargent © 2009 …………………………………….. click to enlarge

The task of putting a small contemporary hotel in Chinatown was an opportunity to demonstrate taste, creativity and sensitivity. This builder decided to demonstrate vulgarity, a dead imagination and total indifference to surroundings. I condemn him. Or her.

And you know I love glass buildings!

It has no name yet. See the banner toward the top? Enlarged, it reads, Hotel Opening Soon. No name. I guess that means they don't have an occupant yet. Good. May they never.

Oh, I'm bitter this afternoon.

Wait! I just found out the architect is Chinese! Or at least it's someone with a Chinese name: Jung Wor Chin. How could you, Jung Wor? 

The Javits Federal Building is reflected in the glass.

On a happier note, consider Tasty Dumpling.  The web is 100% positive about Tasty's dumplings.  Here's just one review.  I am promising myself to have a tasty dumpling in the near future.  Well, not just one, probably.


See map.

No comments: