Monday, November 02, 2009

Chelsea, 25th Street Between Eleventh and Tenth Avenues


Mary Sargent © 2007 ……………….. click to enlarge


Just at the end of this block, here's a gallery I think I want to have a look at.





Mary Sargent © 2007 ……………….. click to enlarge


Inside, we see it's an installation with trees, sheep and pools of water.





Mary Sargent © 2007 …………xxxxxxxxxx………………………….. click to enlarge


But wait!  Those don't look like sheep - they look like 4-legged birds. 

At this point, as I'm trying to figure out exactly what the artist intended them to be, I realize I have no information on the gallery or the artist.  Inexcusable, I know.  I tried googling wooden trees and sheep exhibition; nothing came up, but of course, maybe I should have googled wooden trees and 4-legged birds.

I'm going back to do some more work this week, and I will get answers.
---------
11/4 - yes answers:  Gana Art is the gallery; Shigeru Uchida is the artist.

1 comment:

B.Lewin said...

Ha ha! Love these!