Friday, January 01, 2010

Washington Heights, 191st Street at St. Nicholas Avenue


Mary Sargent © 2009 ………………………………….. click to enlarge

It's a brand new year, and so I put aside all things 2009 and went for a brand new photowalk. Although this was appropriate in a symbolic sort of way, I was also highly motivated by the knowledge that this was going to be the last warmish day for quite a while. So I took the subway to 191st Street and walked to 181st Street and took the subway back home. I chose this walk based on 2 things: 1) I haven't been uptown in quite awhile, and 2) I wanted to improve the looks of my map.

When I saw this corner, it looked familiar. I thought I'd posted a shot of it, but when I couldn't find it on the blog, I realized I'd worked with it but decided against posting for some forgotten reason.  (I'd just forgotten to label it.  It's there, all right.)

Here it is from February 2008, almost 2 years ago.




Mary Sargent © 2009 ………………….……………….. click to enlarge

I wonder how I recognized it.



P.S.  Don't you like all the white coats people are wearing?  Brightens up the gray days.


See map.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I think its highly appropriate to start the new year with a liquor store...

At Wit's End said...

Henry, are you single?

On a less flippant note: These are (now, how is it spelled?) quintessential New York scenes.
10-Q!