Monday, January 18, 2010

Washington Heights, St. Nicholas Avenue Between 186th and 185th Streets


Mary Sargent © 2009 ………………………….. click to enlarge

This was to be the start of a new walk, and NY1 was promising a rainless day as of two days ago, but I guess they looked at their tea leaves again and this morning informed me that it was gonna rain today.  And it did.  So I went back a few streets and found this photo I had wanted to post but omitted because the walk was taking too long.  I was interested in the top of this building, only one story, but the detail suggests that it was originally built for another purpose.  If only I had the time to devote myself to one block and learn everything there is to know about it.  Can't you picture me at dinner parties fascinating everyone with minutia from St. Nicholas Avenue between 186th and 185th?  No?

No comments: