Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Upper West Side, Columbus Avenue at 84th Street

X


Mary Sargent © 2009 ………………….……...……… ………………….. click to enlarge

I'm standing on the corner, waiting to cross Columbus Avenue, so that's the northwest corner we're looking at, from 84th Street, looking up to 85th.  Below, you will see what's on the southwest corner.  But this isn't a bad looking block, right?


Now:




Mary Sargent © 2009 ………………..….…………… ………………….. click to enlarge

Ugh!  What were they thinking?  And wait till you see what it is.  Tomorrow night, after I cross the street.

A few weeks ago, I mentioned how Verizon won't transmit email with hyperlinks in it, remember?  At the time, I wasn't thinking about how that meant that I wouldn't get notification of comments left on this blog because Blogger includes a link. 

That means that I would never see comments left on older posts.

Now Verizon has backed down because yesterday I started getting the notifications again.  One of them was a link to a comment on a December 2007 post.  And by a fortunate coincidence, there was another one on that same post that was sent the week before, which I never saw and probably never would have.  From someone who used to live there asking me a question!

So if anyone is wondering why I haven't answered their comment, that's why.  Send it again.  And curse Verizon.

No comments: