Monday, March 01, 2010

West Village, Commerce Street Between Seventh Avenue South and Bedford Street


Mary Sargent © 2010 ……….....………….…………… ………………….. click to enlarge

I was headed downtown to get a haircut at the Robert G Salon on Commerce Street.  Those of you who pay attention to such things may wonder why every time I get a haircut, it's at a different place.  The answer is discounts.  Ever since I lost my last haircutter, I've been discounting my way around town, seeking a replacement, and although I always get good haircuts, I haven't yet had a fabulous one.  This particular score was through Groupon, a site I love.

This is Commerce Street, looking back at Seventh Avenue South and it is snowing.

Milk and Cookies is there on the left.  Supposedly, Robert G offers cookies from here to its customers, but not to me, not that day.  I'll blame it on the snow.




Mary Sargent © 2010 ……………......…….…………… ………………….. click to enlarge

Here is the salon, in the middle of the block.  Perhaps that is Robert G himself on the steps.  Notice the discreet sign at the bottom of the window.  No telling what the store is next door because they didn't even have a discreet sign.






Mary Sargent © 2010 ……………....…….…………… ………………….. click to enlarge


Here is the other end of the block near Bedford Street.  I didn't go any farther because it was snowing and my camera was in jeopardy.

See map.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As a client of Robert G Salon and a resident in the area. I can say that the flower filled salon does have cookies as I love to eat them. I also know that the Historic Preservation Society of which I belong we have restrictions for signs. Just a recommendation, to find a great cut a stylist must get to know you if you keep looking for "discount" cuts from numerous stylist you'll never find it, you'll just get discount cuts.