Friday, July 09, 2010

Chelsea, 30th Street Between Sixth Avenue and Broadway


Mary Sargent © 2010 ………………….…………… ........………………….. click to enlarge

At last we've reached a new block, new territory.  It's a short one.  I was stuck in front of this awful looking building for a while trying to figure out how it got that way.  I was speculating that an adjoining building had been torn down, but plans to build another skyscraper had fallen through and this bright low temporary building had been thrown up.  Luckily I found a garage worker who set me straight.





Mary Sargent © 2010 ………………….…………… ………………….. click to enlarge

Omar told me that a sign had been put there and then the sign owner stopped paying for it, so they ripped it off.  This must stop.

While I was searching for the answer to how those signs are attached, I discovered they are called building banners or building wraps and are promoted as being attractive and spectacular, among other things.  I didn't see any indication that they were attached with adhesive, so if Omar had the story right, I guess we can assume this was a low tech effort.

See map.

No comments: