Tuesday, August 31, 2010

East Village, Avenue C at 14th Street


Mary Sargent © 2010 ………………….…………… ………………….. click to enlarge

Standing on the eastern end of 14th Street at Avenue C, there's nowhere to go that makes sense but back where I came from.

Across the street is a view.of a corner of Stuyvesant Town, looking like any other housing project.  There are 35 of these buildings, containing 8,757 apartments, making this development much larger than an Illinois town I once lived in with a population of 7,000.  That was a grim two years of my life, and I imagine living here would be equally grim.  For me, anyway.  I know it has its fans.

Please enlarge the map below to get an idea of how truly huge it is. You have to click the View Larger Map link and then click the plus sign a few times.  I know it's a few steps more than you want to take, but believe me, it's worth it.


View Larger Map

10 comments:

luka said...

I'm getting pretty tired of this building. It's not the prettiest thing I've ever seen.

Lara said...

I hope you're doing well, Mary. You haven't posted in such a long time.

Bill said...

The people demand more photoblogging!

Anonymous said...

I just saw a tumbleweed roll across your webpage.....hope you are well.

JerryNJ

Mary said...

Thanks everybody. I'm well and will be back soon. I'm missing this!

sonia a. mascaro said...

Great blog!
I would love to know NY...

cab services in india said...

"Everything is very open with a precise clarification of the issues.
It was definitely informative. Your website is useful.
Thanks for sharing!"

- rent a car in india | car hire ahmedabad | car hire in ahmedabad

Concrete Mixer said...

Nice blog here! Also your website a lot up fast!

- Small Tar Sprayers | Floater cum Trowel Machine | Small Bitumen Sprayers

Kamasutra said...

greetings

obat kuat

jual obat kuat

obat kuat pria

obat kuat alami

obat kuat herbal

Corsetsnmore said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.