Thursday, September 21, 2006

Washington Heights, 187th Street Between Overlook Terrace and Ft. Washington Avenue


Mary Sargent © 2006 . . .. click to enlarge

So, I'm getting a little tired now and glad I'm coming to 187th Street where I can turn and walk one block to the vet's and get my cat food and go home. I didn't realize the block would be vertical.


Mary Sargent © 2006 . . .. click to enlarge

And here's the view from the top. Yes, of course I walked up. Did you think I'd take a cab?

3 comments:

flyinglady said...

Imagine a quick intake of breath. Vertical steps; gray concrete; light, ghostly figures in pursuit of their human targets. I'm in love...

Carol said...

The way this is photographed it looks as if the stair railings are climbing up the stairs, too (and pretty quickly). And I love your words, too.

Nadema Agard said...

Good texture and color gradation.