Saturday, October 14, 2006

Morningside Heights, 120th Street Between Broadway and Amsterdam Avenue


Mary Sargent © 2006 …………..…… ……….. click to enlarge

This block is the northern border of the Columbia University complex of classrooms and other college-type buildings, the southern border being 114th Street.

Apologies for the soft focus, but I couldn't resist it (no wait! I WANTED it that way (no, I didn't)). The absolutely perfect distance of the tree from the window frame (which you will only appreciate enlarged), the flares of sunlight, the gridded windows, and the sort of toy-like look of the guy demanded to be shown.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YES! I like the toy-like guy! I'd buy him if he were for sale at the old, much-missed Shackman. Did he continue to look toy-like as he moved along (or did you notice?)?