Monday, November 13, 2006

Hell's Kitchen, 45th Street Between Eleventh and Tenth Avenues


Mary Sargent © 2006 ……………………….........…….. click to enlarge

I've been thinking about which word is more evocative: sunlight or sunshine. I think sunlight. Today is a rainy November day, yesterday was a rainy November day and tomorrow it will rain again, and I'm looking at this photograph taken nine days ago and thinking how sunlight can make a dirty white plastic fence something pleasing to look at.

See map.

2 comments:

Happy said...

The first to comment - wow! I love turning that O into a 1. Thaz all to say today. I didn't find, by the way, that the sunlight turned the fence into something pleasant to look at, but it did, the fence, become something interesting to look at.

flyinglady said...

Interesting little blob of white and blue. That same color blue turns up in many photographs.
I like the step-down of that wall behind the fence, particularly with the fence going in the other direction. And those poor filigree trees trying to make a go of it.