Thursday, February 15, 2007

Washington Heights, 168th Street Between Broadway and Fort Washington Avenue


Mary Sargent © 2007 …………………………………….. click to enlarge

To remind you, this walk was taken last Saturday, weather cold and windy, on my way to pick up cat food at 187th and Fort Washington. My plan is to walk to the subway stop at 175 and ride up to 190. I told you it was cold.

This whole block is part of the Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center, but this section could be something else entirely. Every time I see a ladder like that, seemingly leading nowhere, I think of Robert Wilson. Tried to find a good link for that ladder, but I'm not willing to spend more than 45 minutes on something like that. You'll have to take my word for it. Or find a ladder and let me know.

Other photographs: 1) this one taken in the same area was a close contender for posting. I'm still not sure I made the right choice. 2) I wanted to post this one but just didn't have the confidence in it. Still, every time I look at it, I smile.

See map

No comments: