Tuesday, June 05, 2007

SoHo, West Broadway at Prince Street


Mary Sargent © 2007 …………………………………….. click to enlarge

A week ago Saturday, May 26, FL and I went to Pearl Paint on Canal Street and then we walked up through SoHo and had dinner at the Cupping Room Café which was lovely and uncrowded because this was Memorial Day weekend and half the city was somewhere else, bless their travelin' hearts. And then we strolled up West Broadway, thinking about an iced cappuccino. It was a summery evening, my favorite kind of evening, with the delicious feeling of breezes on my skin and feeling warm and cool at the same time.

We had our cameras with us because I'd asked her to photograph me reading in the subway, but we weren't shooting in the streets, just strolling. We got to the block between Prince and Houston, looked at each other and took our cameras out. You'll see why tomorrow night. Tonight this is one of the shots I took first to establish where we were. Not that this one does. You have to be able to read the street signs.

See map.

No comments: