Saturday, February 02, 2008

Morningside Heights, Broadway between 112th and 111th Streets

I'm home sick tonight, missing seeing Happy Days, by Samuel Beckett, which is supposedly the best play in our lifetimes, starring the fabulous Fiona Shaw. Instead, here I sit at my computer, learning Photoshop.

The first photograph is edited with Photoshop and the second with Picasa, which is what I've been using all along. See the difference? Not unless you enlarge.


Mary Sargent © 2008 …………Photoshop……………. click to enlarge

I'm just a beginner, though; I should get better. Or at least know more. Picasa is great, easy to use and free, and its straightening tool is way better than Photoshop's, but Photoshop does about a thousand times more things, with more teeny distinctions than you can imagine.



Mary Sargent © 2008 …………Picasa………....…….. click to enlarge
x
Now I'm out of photographs since I couldn't go out today for a new photowalk. Things better improve tomorrow! It's one thing to miss Happy Days; it's quite another to miss a new photograph.

See map.

No comments: