Sunday, February 03, 2008

Washington Heights, St. Nicholas Avenue at 191st Street


Mary Sargent © 2009 ………………….…………… ………………….. click to enlarge

I don't know about you, but I've been getting mighty tired of these cloudy, twilight, gray shots of Upper West Side apartment buildings, so when I woke up this morning and saw the bright blue sky and sunshine, I knew I'd have to drag my sniffly self out there.

So, after coffee with Chris Matthews, Meet the Press and the McLaughlin Group, I took the No. 1 train three stops to 191st Street which is a stop I'd never gotten off at before. An untouched area on my map, so exciting. What would be there?

El Nuevo Caridad Restaurant for one. Later, online, I discovered it's a well known hangout for Latin baseball players, frequented by Red Sox players when they're in town. These articles sort of make me wish I were a Dominican ball player.

See map.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautifully captured shot!