Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Inwood, Broadway Between 212th and Isham Streets


Mary Sargent © 2008 …………………………………….. click to enlarge

When I started this blog almost two years ago, I had already walked many streets in Manhattan as part of my ongoing pretty casual project to walk them all. It wasn't until I got a digital camera that it made sense to record the walk in a blog. And my assumptions were that 1) I wouldn't be photographing streets I'd already walked, and 2) sometimes I would be walking streets without a camera. After all, the important thing was walking every street.

However, obsession does tend to build on itself, I've learned. And now I want a photograph from every street (every block?). That is why I'm showing you this piece of Broadway and why I will be showing you a block of Isham Street, though they have long been marked off my map. Thought you should know.

This little girl had great clothes and great energy. She was all over the place, and I had a hard time chosing which photo to show you, but I finally picked this one in front of Grandpa's Pizza, partly or mainly because the wall inside matches her shirt. Grandpa's is highly regarded by many, but the one time I had pizza delivered, I thought it was pretty standard.

Grandpa's is on this block.

See map.

No comments: