Thursday, September 11, 2008

Chinatown, Mosco Street Between Mott and Mulberry Streets


Mary Sargent © 2008 …………………………………….. click to enlarge

Take note of Fried Dumpling and where it's located. As times get tougher and cash gets scarcer, this is where we're all going to be meeting up. Five dumplings for $1.00. Said to be delicious. Hot and Sour soup $1.00. And then there's soy bean juice for 75¢. Bill, of course, couldn't pass up a plate of dumplings, but the sad thing is, I can't remember what he said about them. I do know he ate em right up.

This is the reason I decided to throw some money into this project and buy myself a little recorder.



Mary Sargent © 2008 …………………………………….. click to enlarge

Next door to Fried Dumpling is this Thai grocery store. I looked around and saw a lot of good things and said to myself next time I want to cook authentic Asian, this is the place to come. If I had had a pocket recorder, I would now be able to tell you what some of those great things were.



Mary Sargent © 2008 ………. click to enlarge

Farther down the block is the Greater Chinatown Community Association.


See map.

No comments: