Sunday, September 28, 2008

Lower East Side, Essex Street at Delancey


Mary Sargent © 2008 …………………………………….. click to enlarge

And here is Blue through the window of McDonald's. McDonald's! Of all the places on the Lower East Side we might have stopped at, why did we pick McDonald's, you are wondering. Well, at just the moment when we both realized we were tired and wanted a cup of coffee and a bathroom, there it was. We didn't argue.

So we were sitting there discussing Egg McMuffins and whether they did them better at the diner at the train station in Washington, D.C., when I revealed that I had never had a Big Mac. No sooner did I offer that news than we realized that now was the time. And so it was that I went to the Lower East Side and had a Big Mac. And so did Luka (not her first).

It wasn't bad. In fact, it was kind of good in a bad sort of way. And I came to understand that a Big Mac is not a hamburger. That is why they call them Big Macs. Once that is clear, it can be appreciated for its own bad self.

So ended our 9/11 commemoration.

Photo Note: I admit I increased the saturation on the above photo. I don't usually do that, but this time, it was irresistible.


Mary Sargent © 2008 …………………………………….. click to enlarge

A different window.

See map.

No comments: