Monday, September 29, 2008

Spanish Harlem, Lexington Avenue Between 109th and 108th Streets


Mary Sargent © 2008 …………………………………….. click to enlarge

Cousin Claire said I MUST go to the Conservatory Gardens while the weather was still good. I try to please, and so last Wednesday after a visit to my podiatrist, noticing how good it felt to walk without pain, I decided to nip on up. I was at 54th and Lex and I took the No. 6 train up to 110th Street to get a short photowalk in.

Lexington Avenue up here does not have the charm it has farther downtown. The avenue seems wider and is flanked by big blank apartment houses. This was the first interesting spot I came to.

And here's a closeup of the menu in the window.


Mary Sargent © 2008 …………………………………….. click to enlarge

Notice the only English word on this menu is Lunch.
Uh, words, I mean, like Lunch Special. Chocolate. Tea. Oh, never mind.

See map.

No comments: