Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Lower East Side, Essex Street at Delancey

First posting under the Presidency of Barack Obama. Hallelujah! What a day. Is everyone happy? I sure hope so.

This posting, as usual, has nothing to do with the great events of today. This is the end of the walk Bill and I took two weeks ago when Bush was still President.




Mary Sargent © 2009 …………………………………….. click to enlarge

After we left Starbucks, I realized we had to hurry in case Saxelby Cheesemongers closed early, so I didn't take any photos on the way. You may recall that I was on a mission to buy some yogurt purportedly even better than Kesso's. We walked three short blocks on Delancey to Essex Street and the Essex Street Market. Notice the subway globe right there on the street. It will be handy if this yogurt is really better than Kesso's.




Mary Sargent © 2009 …………………………………….. click to enlarge


Saxelby Cheesemongers was right inside the door. There is Anne Saxelby herself behind the counter.

Okay, okay, I know you want a closeup of the cheese.




Mary Sargent © 2009 …………………………………….. click to enlarge

Note: the sheep milk yogurt from Three Corner Field Farm was very good, quite good, but I still prefer Kesso. But it's just a matter of personal preference, not qualilty.

See map.

No comments: